386 Bloor Street West
Times visited: 1
Price for 2: $40 (2 pizzas)
You can actually skip my review and just read the reviews on Yelp, which capture my experience very well.
Here’s the short summary:
- Pleasant enough casual sit-down pizza dining experience
- Decor is nice
- Weird ordering system that requires you to walk your order to the counter– so it feels a bit self serve
- Really nice but slightly unpolished servers
- Margherita pizza was not good– tomato sauce was watery and lacking flavour and the toppings were really skimpy
- We did enjoy the Cavoletti pizza (white sauce, fresh mozzarella, oven-roasted Brussels sprouts, prosciutto crisps, gorgonzola cheese, dates, walnuts, and a drizzle of honey), and the Spicy Thai is also good if you’re into that kind of thing
- Salted Caramel Panna Cotta was very underwhelming- the caramel wasn’t warm or rich enough, the pecans should have been toasted, and the panna cotta itself was a bit rubbery
- We probably had a salad but it obviously wasn’t memorable
We had a reasonably pleasant experience at Famoso. As a casual-but-not-pizza-stand type dining experience, it’s not a bad option. They have some deals as well- on Wednesdays their feature bottle of wine is $20 off.