A quick note on the rating system I’ve chosen:
1. I’ve decided to rate on food quality/presentation, service, ambiance. I also give a “recommended” rating to restaurants I’m eager to return to. If I’m not planning on going back, it’s not recommended.
2. I don’t like to compare apples to oranges. I rate restaurants against other similar types of restaurants (i.e. similar dining offerings, similar price range).
I use these descriptors:
**= exceeds expectations
* = meets expectations
= below expectations
3. I’ll make a little note on price by giving you a loose estimate of the cost of a bill for 2 people, along with what you might get for that price. Generally, prices will include tax and tip. I’ll make a category for any restaurants where 2 can eat for under $50.
4. I try to remember to put an “other” category with important info, including food preferences, for example, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, local, organic.
5. I’ve added a “times visited” category to give you a sense of how reliable the rating is.